ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Lynn Browning Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Lynn Browning Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Lynn Browning <aithyne@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 14:39:43 -0500

Dear ICANN –

I have registered domain names since 2000, and I have always relied on my
privacy because not everyone that comes across as website chooses to
respond in a respectful manner. I don't even write on polarized topics in
an attempt to avoid the crazies, but that some people take offense over the
sky being blue.

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.

- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.

- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

--
Lynn Browning