ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Jason Boyd Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx, policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Jason Boyd Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Jason Boyd <boydjrb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 18:10:25 -0400

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private.

I run a moderately successful YouTube channel. Maybe you haven't spent much
time on the internet, but anytime you do anything successful there are a
ton of people who want to mess with you. This could be sending packages,
signing me up for terrible mailing lists, this could be SWATTING, this
could be SHOWING UP AT MY HOUSE.
I don't want to take down my website just because I also sell t-shirts of
my brand.  Please reconsider this violation of privacy. Thank you.