ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - CHRISTOPHER PELAYO Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - CHRISTOPHER PELAYO Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Christopher Pelayo <colighto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 06:57:00 +0800

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

This will get the sites owner at high risk as he can't be aware who is
accessing such vital information. Not all complaints filed by the consumers
are legitimate, some needs to be investigated before such vital information
is released to the person. If this gets submitted it would be easier for
people to get access on our accounts, our homes and other means to find us.
We are ok to release such information only if its proven that its legal to
release and that both the owner and consumer are kept safe and I believe
this is only obtained by due process.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.