ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Josh Hunter Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Josh Hunter Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Makoto <makoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 19:45:43 -0400

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order

Some of us have a need to keep our personal contact information private in order to protect our safety. When running websites that are politically motivated in any sense, or sponsor heated subjects such as LGBT / Gay Rights and so on, we often become the target of direct threats and harassment from various individuals. By forcing us to advertise our address and contact information with our domain registrations, you are putting out safety in jeapordy by giving these indivuduals unrestricted access to us.

Please respect our rights to privacy.