ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - PPSAI

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - PPSAI
  • From: Frank Borkin <borkinfr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 03:51:12 +0300

Dear ICANN,

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I agree that having valid contact information available for commercial
entities is a good idea. In many cases the same information is available on
the website in question, so I don't see it as a leak of otherwise
unavailable information in general, except for the types of companies who
really should be more contactable.

I think it's valid to list a NOC or abuse team, not just individuals, and
that small business owners should list their commercial contact details,
not personal ones.

I became aware of this from Respect Our Privacy - but don't agree with the
arguments listed there nor the way they are presented.

 Thank you.