ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Guido Kanschat Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Guido Kanschat Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Guido Kanschat <kanschat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 09:13:01 +0200

Dear members of the ICANN governing board

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS
privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services
Accreditation Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.

- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court
order, regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual
or law enforcement agency.

If a website violates the law, the identity of the owner will be
revealed by court order. If it does not, the private address of the
owner is nobody's business. On the other hand, owners could be molested
by big companies and political parties or their lawyers, if the
information is given away.

Private information should be kept private and the US constitution
should be upheld.

Thank you,
Guido Kanschat