ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Rev. Leela Sinha Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Rev. Leela Sinha Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: ellesin <ellesin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 05:57:11 -0400

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

We as small businesses need to be able to separate our public and private
lives. This is a matter of safety and security for us and our families.
WHOIS privacy services provide a buffer between us and the public we serve.
It is like having an unlisted phone number or an email address that does
not contain your name. Some of us don't have families to protect. But many
of us do.

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Leela Sinha