ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Please stop the privacy proposal (personal lives needlessly placed in harm's way)

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please stop the privacy proposal (personal lives needlessly placed in harm's way)
  • From: Mickie Kennedy <ereleases2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 07:46:36 -0400

Regarding the proposed rules concerning changes to WHOIS privacy services
(as found in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy
document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.

I run a *SMALL business* of less than half a dozen employees who work
remotely. *My whois address is my home*, where *my wife and two children
live*. Exposing the whois information puts my family's lives at risk.

I am not AGAINST my information being available to government officials and
law enforcement, but I am fearful of it being available and exposed to the
public.

Thanks for considering.

Mickie Kennedy
Tel: 410-718-0014