ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Mike Allen Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Mike Allen Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Michael Allen <michael.alexander.allen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 07:59:17 -0500

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy. It should be up to domain holders
to choose to publicly publish their information.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency. Without due process, people could be bullied by
individuals or law enforcement.

Private information should be kept private. Privacy is what has made the
internet what it is, and will allow it to remain robust in the future.
Thank you.