ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Please Respect Our Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>, "policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx" <policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Please Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Murali <msk20171@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 12:43:36 +0000 (UTC)

To whom it may concern-
As a small business owner,the proposed changes to the WHOIS privacy service
affect me.  I have noissue with my contact information being provided with a
legal court order, butfor my information to be revealed to anyone at any time
for any reason withoutdue process is reckless.  I recognize that the intent is
to allow endusers to have better access to the owners of a website, but sites
that hostoffensive content will simply find new ways to hide, while owners of
legitimateand professional sites will be exposed to additional SPAM and
hassle. This change will not serve to solve the problems that you are looking
to solve,but will adversely impact honest business people in the process.
Due process was establishedfor a reason and it should be maintained.
Thank you for your time.
-Murali Kulathungam