ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Randal Tart Says Respect Our Privacy!!!

  • To: <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Randal Tart Says Respect Our Privacy!!!
  • From: "RET APG Mail" <randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 09:44:37 -0400

Dear ICANN  - Privacy is in short supply everywhere. WHOIS services were
originally set up to allow internet users a modicum of privacy to ensure
that free expression and honest exchange of ideas would be enabled and
encouraged, while allowing user's identities' to be reasonably confidential.
The USA's system of protections and due process allow access to user's
identities after law enforcement and/or private individuals satisfy
reasonable safeguards and demonstrate a lawful and legitimate need for
access to the information. This process should not change!!

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one's personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.