ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Chris Koerber Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Chris Koerber Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Chris Koerber <chris.koerber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 08:23:01 -0600

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.
- Not everyone who deals with commercial business can or want to have their
information out there. I am only one person, but that shouldn't mean that I
am not protected from prying eyes.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

--
**NOTICE: This communication (including attachments) is covered by the
Electronic Communication Privacy Act, U.S.C. Sections 2510-2521, is