ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Please Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Please Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Jose Barajas <shinobi128@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 11:40:19 -0400

Dear ICANN,

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.
- Online harassment is a problem now, and making information public will
only cause more distress for individuals.  I urge you to view this video
presented by John Oliver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuNIwYsz7PI

If you are not familiar with his show, please know while it is comedic in
nature, he makes valid and serious points.  It's also on HBO, so there are
no filters for language and content.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.