ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

changes to ICANN address access rules

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: changes to ICANN address access rules
  • From: M Garibov <insectivorous.bug@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 12:33:47 -0400

Hello I just wanted to say that I'm extremely creeped out by the idea that
it will be impossible to hide your address from WHOIS searches in the
future!!! If ANYTHING, that address should be completely unavailable from a
wHOIS search be default. There are too many creepy people on the internet
that can and do use WHOIS to Doxx people and to make them feel
uncomfortable and threatened. Please change your rules so that the only way
to access people's physical addresses is by subpeona by official government
channels. Consider the safety of your customers!

Thank you
MG