ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

[no subject]

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx, policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject:
  • From: "Rodriguez, Miguel" <miguelr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 08:23:34 -0400

Dear ICANN and any affiliates,

I'm going to keep this email short and sweet. Do not force WHOIS privacy
services to resolve and make it easier for people to get personal
information. Do we want to be apart of the 14 million people that got their
information stolen, or doxxed, in this case? Within the 'Privacy and Policy
Services Accreditation Issues' Policy Document, you(the company) proposed
new rules to ease up access so anyone and everyone can see the WHOIS,
malicious or not.

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private.

Thanks,

Miguel R.