ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Matt Miller Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Matt Miller Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Matt Miller <matt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 12:36:44 -0500

To whom it may concern,

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.

   - Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
   - No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court
   order, regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or
   law enforcement agency.

As a small business owner, being forced to reveal not just business
information but by extension personal information in the form of whois data
simply to run my business would be extremely invasive.  Private information
should be kept private.

Thanks for your consideration,

Matt