ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Jeff Weller Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Jeff Weller Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: <think7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 16:02:26 -0400

Dear ICANN,

We are domain owners and operators of online businesses. We feel it necessary to shield our contact information through the use of privacy services. Those who need to contact us can always do so through privacy services forwarded email and if appropriate - we respond.

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one's personal information should be revealed without a court order, regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law enforcement agency.
Private information should be kept private.

Thank you.

Jeff Weller
Think 7 Inc.
Dunnellon, FL USA