ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Andrew Shouldice Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Andrew Shouldice Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Andrew Shouldice <andrewshouldice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 17:13:02 -0300

Everyone has a right to privacy. Exposing WHOIS data erodes these rights,
and can put people at risk. Doxxing (maliciously searching for and
publishing private information about people) is a problem that some people
have to deal with every day. Their lives have been invaded, and in some
cases, threatened with violence. Don't make things worse for them -- and
everyone -- by exposing private WHOIS data.