ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Hankin Chick Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Hankin Chick Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: hankin <niknah@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 07:13:27 +1000

Dear ICANN –

I just received your email from the confirmationsystem.  It says...

Before we are able to process your comment, we need you to confirm
receipt of this message.
    1. We receive a high level of spam and this is a vital safeguard

If you make the whois information public...
* Domain holders will get a high level of spam.
* The people doing naughty stuff will simply say that they're not doing "commercial activity" to hide themselves.

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order, regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.