ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Rebecca Loring <rebeccaloring@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 15:25:41 -0600

Dear ICANN –

I am appalled that you feel the need to disclose PRIVATE information! Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order, regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law enforcement agency.

Private information IS private, and should be kept that way. Thank you.

Rebecca Loring