ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Nathan Theophanes Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Nathan Theophanes Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Nathan Theophanes <nathant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 12:10:46 -0700

Dear ICANN,

I am a legitimate domain owner, not a pirate or a spammer. I have some domains for personal use and some for business use. I have zero problem with legitimate people contacting me about those domains. However, spam is a serious problem, and posting my contact info for spammers to hit me is not OK. The rotating email redirect that some registrars have in place deals with this nicely.

If you are considering removing that protection as an option, I am very strongly against that change.

Thanks,
Nathan