ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Keenas Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Keenas Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Keenas <keenasabean@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 10:24:17 +1200

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order, regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law enforcement agency.

I choose not to publish my private information on the internet, but this policy would take away that option. Why should anyone be able to see my address and therefore visit my home, just because I have a portfolio website?

I can only imagine that people will start using false information, and in the end this will make the job of legitimate law enforcement that much harder. This policy would drive greater anonymity because it removes trust from the chain.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

Keenas