ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Josh Newsma Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Josh Newsma Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: TheWizard <wildsurmises@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 15:45:31 -0700

word-wrap: break-word;">Dear ICANN –<br><br>Regarding the proposed rules
governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the
Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy document):<br><br>I
urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process. <br>-
Everyone deserves the right to privacy.<br>- No one’s personal information
should be revealed without a court order, regardless of whether the request
comes from a private individual or law enforcement agency. This is paramount to
a free society - the right to do business with companies without having to
publicize one's personal data. Would you want your own home addresses published
on the ICANN regulations every time you issue a new one? That is identical to
what you are considering now. I should be able to buy a domain without putting
my personal information in the public domain.<br><br>Private information should
be kept private. This rule is completely inconsistent with a free and open
society, and a law-abiding commercial and private Internet. Do not bow down to
the special interest groups who desire to hamstring the Internet with their
huge moneybags and do not let them bribe you into a foolish decision. Thank
you.‎</div><br><div style="color: rgb(38, 38, 38); font-family: Calibri, 'Slate