ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Don't Make Me Hand Over Personal Info to Anonymous Trolls / Keep Proxy Registration Legal

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Don't Make Me Hand Over Personal Info to Anonymous Trolls / Keep Proxy Registration Legal
  • From: Prescott Indigo <prescottindigo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 16:06:26 -0700

Dear ICANN,

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.

   - Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
   - No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court
   order, regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or
   law enforcement agency.

Internet trolls harass people online and threaten their safety in real
life. Requiring website owners, like myself, to publish our home addresses
and phone numbers give trolls (who DO remain anonymous) a very easy way to
do us harm. There is no justification, whatsoever, to make proxy
registration illegal and require us to expose ourselves in this way.

Thank you,

Prescott Indigo