ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Please respect our privacy.

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please respect our privacy.
  • From: Admin Dailyfly <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 13:37:32 -0700 (PDT)

Dear ICANN –
Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

It seems that privacy, something that was nearly taken for granted just a
couple decades ago, is constantly under fire today. Marketers, websites, mass
emailers, and even governments no longer respect the sanctity of individual
privacy. Individuals should be able to keep their registrations private.

With all the scams and dangerous criminals lurking on the web I'd rather it be
my choice if I want to keep my home and family safe from prying eyes. If law
enforcement wants to see my registrations they can request a court order and
see it, same as if they want to look at my bank accounts, or search my car or
home.

Please do not turn ICANN into just another nail in the coffin of individual
freedom and privacy.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

Ken Goods
Site Administrator