ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Regarding new ruling about WHOIS

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Regarding new ruling about WHOIS
  • From: Shaheen Ghayourmanesh <ghayourmanesh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 21:58:59 -0400

Dear ICANN –

I would like to write you about the proposed rules governing companies that
provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy
Services Accreditation Issues Policy document); I heard there will be new
changes from my domain holder (namecheap.com)

Please note that self-employed guys (like me) or small home based companies
do not want to share their home address online for just having a website.
It is a privacy threat for me and many others and many frauds will
potentially be waiting for us if the new legislation passes. I ask you to
please think again about this new ruling o at least exempt small size
companies (like me whose home is his business)!

Thanks for your understanding,

Best regards,
Shaheen Ghayourmanesh
Montreal, QC Canada