ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Comments re: proposed changes to WHOIS privacy policies.

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comments re: proposed changes to WHOIS privacy policies.
  • From: Mark Allen <mrallen1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 02:21:16 +0000 (UTC)

Dear ICANN:

As someone who owns several domain names, I can tell you from experience that
public WHOIS information leads to massive amounts of unwanted physical and
electronic mail.  Just as I would never have a public phone number, I do not
ever register public domain names any more.

Please do not change the current policies regarding WHOIS privacy providers.
Law enforcement and governmental organizations have plenty of tools at their
disposal to get domain ownership information when and if it is necessary from
WHOIS privacy providers.

Thank you for your attention.

Mark Allen