ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Peter Downs Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Peter Downs Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Peter Downs <downs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 22:48:18 -0400

Hey fuckers,

your proposed policies only further corporate interests, not those of the
 individual humans who make the internet so great. The talking points that
Namecheap suggested are exactly what I agree with so here they are verbatim:

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

I'm an MIT student and I'll tell you that most students think you're
fucking up the internet. Stop it.

​Peter Downs​