ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Please reconsider changes regarding privacy

  • To: <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Please reconsider changes regarding privacy
  • From: "Marc Gilligan" <marcg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 02:33:36 +0100

I run my business as a sole-proprietor and while I understand a degree of
transparency is needed for good business, this can't come at the cost of a
home address. No one lucky enough to have an office would want to publish
their home address either for the same reasons. I think this unfairly
punishes small business owners beyond reason as this information can be
obtained via court order anyway. Please reconsider,

Many thanks,

-Marc