ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Please respect our privacy. Do not expose WHOIS data.

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Please respect our privacy. Do not expose WHOIS data.
  • From: Paul Foryt <paulyf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 03:44:45 +0000

Dear ICANN,

This note is regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide
WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services
Accreditation Issues Policy document).

As a business owner, I urge you to keep WHOIS data private for commercial
activities. Please respect my rights and internet users' rights to privacy
and due process.

Everyone deserves the right to privacy. No one’s personal information
should be revealed without a court order, regardless of whether the request
comes from a private individual or law enforcement agency. Private
information should be kept private.

Thank you,
Paul