ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Gary Peterson Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Gary Peterson Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Gary <garyp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 07:19:16 -0700

If you passed a rule saying that corporations must list their largest
shareholder's home address in the WHOIS data, you'd be mocked. If you had a rule
saying that all .gov addresses had to list the leader's home address, you'd also
be mocked.

Forcing everybody who has a domain to publicly list their address is worthy of
mocking. There are many, many instances of people who only have a home address
and work out of their home yet don't want it publicly listed. A blog that has an
advertisement has been considered "for profit" by many governments. Is that blog
now unable to get its own domain name without publicly listing its address? What
if the blog was "how to get away from a spouse that beats you"? Would you really
rule against them?

Your idea is flawed and worthy of mocking. List the ICANN home addresses first
to show us you really mean it.