ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Joshua Wilson <joshua.wilson01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 13:58:15 +0930

Dear ICANN –

I am horrified by the implications of the MarkMonitor proposal, and I
strongly urge you to reject this proposal and respect the privacy of
internet users, specifically domain holders, and their need to do business
without their personal information being surrendered. Confidentiality and
privacy are the cornerstones of online commerce, and the idea that the very
nature of the online world could be undermined by interest groups such as
those which MarkMonitor represents is extremely troubling. These changes
would be a huge step back and a major blow to the internet as a tool of
commerce.

Personal information should remain private and requests for such
information, by anyone, should not be met with compliance unless
accompanied by a court order.

I sincerely hope that ICANN will make the right choice by rejecting these
proposals and protecting online privacy.

Thank you.