ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

STRONGLY OPPOSE the requirement to disallow proxy registration services

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: STRONGLY OPPOSE the requirement to disallow proxy registration services
  • From: Peter Hessler <phessler@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 20:50:41 +0200

I am STRONGLY OPPOSED to any requirement that restricts the use of proxy
registration services, for any and all reasons.

This is a violation of my privacy rights, as well as placing every
domain holder into personal danger.  Any individual person, or small
company with no offices, will need to list their home address; or pay
for a mail forwarding service; in order to protect the location where
they live.

All dissidents, protestors, owners of "unpopular opinon" sites, any site
that may violate any random religion, etc, etc; will be put into
physical jeapordy.  I personally know people that have been attacked at
their homes, because their personal address was listed in WHOIS data.

Domain registrars added proxy registration services, because this was a
serious problem.  Please, do not revert back to the bad days.

--
You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.