ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

SV: ICANN - Philippe Hoeij Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: SV: ICANN - Philippe Hoeij Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Philippe Höij <philippe@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 06:07:53 +0000

Dear ICANN -

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one's personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

I'm a Swedish citizen, this is an international matter and the privacy of
individuals should be respected. It's the foundation for free speech and
democratic ideals where the law enforcement is made by the officially elected
institutions. If there are things going wrong, it's law enforcement's job to
work with the domain holders and not individual companies.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

Best regards
Philippe
<mailto:philippe@xxxxxxxx>