ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Peter Müller Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Peter Müller Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: "peter berger" <poft@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 08:25:54 +0200

12.0px;"><div>Dear ICANN &ndash;<br/>
Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):<br/>
I urge you to respect internet users&#39; rights to privacy and due
process.<br/>
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.<br/>
- No one&rsquo;s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.<br/>
- People are already FORCED to provide private data for a domain purchase<br/>
- Whois data is already misused by spammers and people who create whois website
and ILLEGALY COPY the data from domain providers, even though violating
contract terms<br/>
- Making private data, which domain buyers are FORCED to provide on purchase of
domains, wordwide and publically available is actually a VIOLATION OF MY
COUNTRIES PRIVACY PROTECTION LAW! So, you can either stop forcing people to
provide the data on domain purchase or stop exposing the data in ANY kind of
way<br/>
- Exposing the private data and postal address of thousands, if not millions of
one-man businesses wordwide and to all people, INCLUDING CRIMINALS, is a threat
to their whole existence, families and kids<br/>
- As website owner I have to inform people about cookies and the data in the
cookies, which do NOT contain exact private data. Yet you want to publically
expose private data WITHOUT the owner&#39;s permission? That&#39;s called a
DOUBLE STANDARD!<br/>