ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - David Suggitt Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - David Suggitt Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: David Suggitt <dsuggitt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 19:37:24 -0600

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I operate a small home based business. I am active on social media and
online in many different ways. When I'm on extended assignments away from
home, your new rules put my apartment at risk by advertising the address of
it to everyone. Your new rules place an unnecessary security burden upon me
and many millions of others just so that you can playcate your own personal
desires to control people.

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

DavidSuggitt.com
mobile 604.725.2098
studio 403.971.2098