ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Privacy is important, please don't discount it.

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Privacy is important, please don't discount it.
  • From: Forrest Alvarez <forrest.alvarez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 23:48:51 -0700

Hi there,

I just wanted to tell a quick story about why privacy is important from
when I worked at a domain registrar. There was a customer I spoke with who
was a cross dresser that ran a phone sex line out of their home in the
evening. Their domain information was private, and they explained the needs
of privacy on their site as well to protect their real identity so they
wouldn't have issues at their job. This individual was simply protecting
themselves from bigots and other awful individuals, nothing more.

Please reconsider bowing down to a few scumbags in Hollywood.

Regards