ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Eli Brody Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Eli Brody Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Eli Brody <ewokker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 09:56:36 +0300

Dear ICANN –

Today, ICANN represents the front-facing internet. Countless millions of
people trust this one group to set the standards and policies that allow
them to build an online presence. But this trust cannot continue when
privacy is being pulled out from underneath our feet. Privacy is one of the
pillars upon which the internet is built (or should be). Engineers work
tirelessly to improve the privacy of the protocols, and naming policies
should not be allowed to undermine this.

Keep the people behind businesses safe. Respect the privacy of internet
users. Everyone deserves the right to privacy. No one’s personal
information should be revealed without a court order, regardless of whether
the request comes from a private individual or law enforcement agency.

Thank you.
-Eli