ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Thomas Riddick Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Thomas Riddick Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Logistics 2020 <logistics2020@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 16:47:56 -0700

Dear ICANN -

The right to privacy under Article 17 of the International Covenant on Civil
and Political Rights Privacy is a fundamental human right under
International Law Article 17.

Examples of overt and covert digital surveillance in jurisdictions around
the world have proliferated, with governmental mass surveillance emerging as
a dangerous habit rather than an exceptional measure.

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one's personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Privacy is a fundamental human right and is needs to be respected for the
sake of the human race.

Thank you.
Thomas