ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

WHOIS

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: WHOIS
  • From: Sean Donaghy <sean@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 17:17:48 +0930

Hello ICANN,

Regarding the proposed rules around WHOIS privacy services.

I do not want my address, name and so on exposed to spammers and hackers
via the WHOIS registry.

It has happened before. When they were public years ago it caused all sorts
of problems -- spam, attempted fraud, etc.

If a legitimate court-ordered request is made then release the information.

Otherwise allow our business to protect our private records and control how
and when we release information.

If you mandate it ICANN will be responsible for the problems that arise. If
not legally then politically and in PR terms.

Thanks.