ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Please respect our privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please respect our privacy
  • From: Stef Busking <stef.busking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 09:55:27 +0200

Dear ICANN –

I recently heard about the proposed new rules on WHOIS information, in
particular the proposed changes which would make it impossible to hide
private details in WHOIS info through the use of companies that provide
WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services
Accreditation Issues Policy document).

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

In my case, and that of many others, this change would mean exposing our
home address and other private contact details. Private information should
be kept private.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Stef Busking