ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Thomas ten Cate Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Thomas ten Cate Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Thomas ten Cate <ttencate@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 09:43:23 +0200

Dear ICANN –

I am a small business owner, doing game development and freelance work from
home. Of course, I depend heavily on my website for getting customers and
clients -- I cannot live without it. So far, things have never gone sour
and I don't think there's anyone holding a grudge against me. But it would
still be outright scary if my home address were forced to be made visible
for all the world. There is simply no need.

This proposal is an disincentive towards small businesses, a threat to
privacy, and above all a threat to freedom. Private information should be
kept private. Thank you.