ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

PPSAI proposal and domain registrant privacy rights

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: PPSAI proposal and domain registrant privacy rights
  • From: "R. Lynn Rardin" <rardin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 10:28:20 +0000 (UTC)

I am writing to show my opposition to the PPSAI proposal dated
May 5, 2015, which would roll back the privacy rights of domain
registrants.  I value my privacy and don't see the need for a
public means of domain name registrant discovery when mechanisms
to obtain this info already exist for those with a valid need.
Domain registrants should continue to have the right to keep
certain information private to avoid identity theft, harassment
or intimidation.  Thanks for listening.