ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Strongly opposed to new rule changes on WHOIS

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Strongly opposed to new rule changes on WHOIS
  • From: Ben Keeler <ben.keeler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 07:00:46 -0400

To whom it may concern at ICANN,

I've recently heard about the proposed rules for companies that provide
WHOIS privacy services being up for potential change, meaning that my
personal information will no longer be protected if these changes go into
effect. I think it will be detrimental for this to occur, and I strongly
urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.

No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Thank you,

Ben Keeler