ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Respect our privacy. Don't expose WHOIS data.

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Respect our privacy. Don't expose WHOIS data.
  • From: Andy <andy7878@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 12:38:59 +0100

Dear ICANN,

I am deeply concerned by these new proposals. I operate a small home
business that I require a website for, but I certainly don't want my
personal home address to be visible, and I therefore strongly object to any
release of personal information without a court order.

I have young children and I take our personal security very seriously. I
have absolutely nothing to hide from a business-sense, but at the same
time, I don't want random strangers potentially turning up on my doorstep!

Kind Regards,

Andy