ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Ben Farmer: Please Respect My Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Ben Farmer: Please Respect My Privacy
  • From: Ben Farmer <ben.farmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 08:01:34 -0400

Dear ICANN –

It's shocking and disappointing that you would consider this an action
worth taking.

I'm speaking about the proposed rules governing companies that provide
WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services
Accreditation Issues Policy document):

Please respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

Ben Farmer