ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Comments on proposed changes to privacy and proxy services

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comments on proposed changes to privacy and proxy services
  • From: Stephen Worden <SWorden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 08:25:08 -0400

Hello ICANN,

I'm am the CTO of a Transportation company.  I've been involved with the
Internet since the 90's.

I understand why domain proxy services are needed.  To institute unfair,
one-sided requirements such as requiring "domains used for online financial
transactions for commercial purpose(s)" to have public records shows a lack of
understanding of the power of anonymity.

Businesses, non-profits, churches -- any organization, really -- need to have
the option of registering anonymously.  As a business owner, I don't want my
domain records registered by an employee and I don't want my personal
information made public.

You are capable of better thinking that this.  Please revisit the matter.

Sincerely,

Stephen W. Worden
Chief Technology Officer
Bayshore Transportation System, Inc.