ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: "BENJAMIN KLEIN (S728034)" <S728034@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 12:55:33 +0000

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

I am one of few who owns a company under the age of 18, and I own my domain
name under my personal information. You might want to consider what other laws
you would break unintentionally if you let this one pass.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

/Ben Klein

Founder and Owner of Robosane, http://robosane.net.
Lead Programmer for the L&N STEMpunks robotics team!