ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Ian Munsie Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Ian Munsie Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Ian Munsie <darkstarsword@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 21:11:04 +1000

Dear ICANN –

Rather than watering down the existing privacy protection services, I
would like to see you water down the requirements for what information
must be placed in a whois record. For instance, while I'm happy for my
email address to be public, I'm not so sure I want my phone number to
be - and my home address definitely should not be published (for what
possible reason would anyone anywhere ever possibly want their
personal home address published, regardless of the type of site they
are running? It makes no sense, and never has!)

Regards,
Ian