ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Respect our privacy. Don't expose WHOIS data.

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Respect our privacy. Don't expose WHOIS data.
  • From: Thanael <thanael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 20:55:28 +0100

Dear ICANN –

I do not want my home address exposed to the entire internet. Are you
familiar with Gamergate? What if the internet turns on my like it turned on
those women? I will not be able to stand up for what I believe in on my own
website if I am too afraid of awful people finding out where I live. This
new rule of yours will stifle free speech.

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.